Thursday, September 24, 2015

Delicious Crock Pot Chicken Chili

Yesterday was the first day of fall ya'll!! What's a better way to kick off the start of the new season than to have some chili? This recipe is one I've been using for a couple years. I created it because my mom loves chili and I needed a cheap way to get us a home cooked meal that lasts a couple days. (Or so we could freeze leftovers and have it later). There were a couple recipes that inspired me, but I really don't even know what they were- I think the most I did was look at pictures on Pinterest.

Below is the recipe and some pictures!


Chicken Chili

3 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
2 15.5 oz cans of dark red kidney beans
2 15.5 oz cans of light red kidney beans
2 14.5 oz cans of chili ready tomatoes (if you can't find these, plain canned diced tomatoes is fine)
1 6 oz can of tomato paste
1 12 oz bag of frozen corn
1 medium yellow onion diced (use half if you're not a fan of onion)
1 clove of garlic diced (optional)
Salt, pepper, chili powder, Chipotle chili powder (found at health food grocery stores), crushed red pepper flakes ~~Please note that all of these spices are optional. Use what you like~~ Usually I use whatever is in the cabinets at the time.

Okay, fist thing I do is cube the chicken and dice the onion and garlic. I cube the chicken into smaller bites, just so I can make a little go a long way. I put this stuff in the crock pot and season everything well.



Now, just open and pour in the contents of the cans. There's an oil on the beans, you can rinse this off or keep it on. I use it without rinsing. Add your corn; I use all of it and keep it frozen.



One more round of seasoning, usually a little less than I did the first time. Turn it on low for 6-8 hours, high 3-4 hours. And viola! All done. Dinner is ready! Pair it with whatever toppings you like, personally I just eat it as it, no toppings!



Let me know if you liked it! Happy Autumn everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment